Thursday, June 10, 2010

Audra In Africa


I have been so lucky that over the past 10 years to be a mentor and friend to Audra. She is one of those students that at the end of your days in ministry, you can look at her life and say "She got it, I'm so proud of her." You can be in ministry and spend time with literally hundreds of kids and maybe only have a few actually get what you have taught them. Well she is one of those students for me. I have watched her grow from a short annoying ( and she knows it!!!) 6th grader who would steal Bobby's hat, to now a beautiful and mature women of God who is a senior at Grove City College and is spending her summer in Sierra Leone Africa teaching. She has far surpassed any dream that I had for her. She has been an amazing servant of God even when it meant doing somethings she didn't want to do. She is a dear friend to me and my family and I cannot imagine my life without her in it.
I tell you all of this so that you can be praying for her while she is in Sierra Leone. Audra has a great opportunity to teach with a program called World Hope International as well as Transformation Education. She will be teaching Biology as well as some personal hygiene classes. She will be there from June 1- July 22. If you are interested in following her blog, Audge Blog, please visit. The internet if very slow there and her time for extra activities is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment