Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day


On Sunday I got to celebrate my very first Mother's Day. It was an amazing day. It started off early and fun. Bobby woke me up with Lily and a card. That's when I noticed that Lily had a purple hand...weird. Then I opened my card and realizes that Bobby had put her hand print in the card. It was so sweet. He also had my favorite picture of Lily and I framed. Then as I was holding Lily I noticed that she was pulling at her pajamas because there was something inside them. I opened her pajamas up and there was a small little box, inside of it I found a beautiful pearl ring. It was such a surprise and so thoughtful of Bobby. When I had Lily, Bobby gave me a beautiful pearl necklace. It was so neat that he thought to continue the theme. We spent the rest of the day at church and brunch with my family and dinner with Bobby's family. It was an amazing day. I think that I understand a whole different level of Mother's Day now. I used to think that mom's really desired the appreciation of their family, but for me at least, I spend my day thinking about how blessed I am to have such a sweet baby girl. She is the most perfect gift I have ever been given. And to think that I was entrusted with her is an honor. God has amazing plans for her and Bob and I get to play a part in that. I could not ask for a better day.



No comments:

Post a Comment